Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Introducing myself

Jeff has been kind enough, or careless enough, to invite me to contribute to Class Bias in Higher Education. When I started my own blog a few months ago, I called it Lucky Jim, J.D. in homage to my favorite comic novel. Lucky Jim recounts the misadventures of Jim Dixon, a working class lad who finds himself navigating, without noticeable aplomb, the class-bound currents of academia. Though set in post-WWII Britain, the novel raises themes that resonate in U.S. academia today.

In my sporadic contributions here, I plan to explore the various ways in which class issues get short shrift (and often no shrift at all) in legal education, from admissions to career placement and at all points between. I'm grateful to Jeff for giving me the opportunity to share his platform.

No comments: